Sunday, 2 November 2014

Some random thoughts

Hi everyone!! I hope you are having a great morning, afternoon, evening, night... or whatever time of the day it is by the time you are reading this ;)

It's been a month and a half since I first step in Canberra. After some difficult weeks trying to get used to this really strange city (I still think it is a very weird city), I think I am finally used to it. Canberra is not what you might expect considering that it is the capital of Australia... and to be honest, none of the thoughts I wrote a few entries ago have changed. Odd noises, a lot of nature... a really quiet and peaceful place. But, I enjoy it. Today I was coming back home after a 40-minute run and I run into an echidna!! I know some of you might think: "another animal", but this is part of the experience, you cannot find this kind of animals anywhere else!!

I thought that this period of adaptation was going to last a couple of weeks, and not almost 6 weeks, but finally I am used to the place. I have a daily routine that really suits me (work, exercise, football, chill-out, hang out with my house mates, reading, studying, etc)... but especially I have time, time to think, and even time to over-think. During these weeks I've had time to think about what I really miss from Spain (so I'll give those things and people the importance they deserve). But not only that, I've had time to listen to music long ago forgotten, songs that are part of the soundtrack of my life. Songs that make me remember and even yearn for those great moments and people who shaped me as a person...

 I've had time to remember myself going during the winter nights to the outskirts of Úbeda to rehearse with my music band (Easter). I remembered those great "private" concerts and rehearsal afternoons when my friends used to play in rock bands. My first year at college, my first trip abroad, my first conference, my first public talk about astronomy, last year's Halloween party, my month and a half in Preston (right now, one year ago).... So many memories, so many GOOD memories.... so many changes, and basically the passage of time.

But it is time to stop thinking of the past, it's time to continue enjoying the present and look forward to the future... an important year is about to start and many important decisions have to be made...

Sorry for this boooooring entry, this blog is not meant to be full of entries like this one, in fact, I'm enjoying writing it and I have some nice ideas for the blog starting from January (Science for the general public is coming)... but in the meantime... this is what I wanted to tell you ;)

Ciao!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment