Hi everyone!! It's me again... last weekend I couldn't find time to write, but here I am today!
I must admit, last week was an exhausting week with a lot of work, but I think that little by little things are getting to an end... my "Australian" project is going well, other projects are in a quite advanced stage, and I've just started my last month in Australia!!! Can you believe it?? Time flies!!
In fact, it was last week when I realised that we are in the middle of the month of November; if not the most, one of the saddest and more depressing months of the year. However, I don't feel like in the middle of November! Something with the weather is wrong, I mean... Great! but wrong... On TV there are a bunch of Christmas commercials... with no snow and starring people wearing T-shirts, shorts.... This is not Christmas!! For a proper Christmas commercial you need snow, people by the fireplace wearing jumpers, scarves, globes... But then, I look at the calendar... November 16th... OMG!! I look through my window and... the sun is shining, birds are singing, it's quite hot (35 degrees last Friday), and I'm wearing just a T-shirt and a long-sleeve shirt sounds like too much to me!! Well... to be honest this weekend the weather is not that great... but it will be the next week as it was the one before.
I guess this is part of my Australian experience... cricket and rugby on TV, "fake" Christmas commercials (Don't get me wrong, you know what I mean ;), and the feeling that winter is coming when I know that SUMMER is really coming... Although when it comes... I will be flying back to Spain, where WINTER will be starting... What a mess!!
But... isn't it weird? I feel like if I were programmed, my body knows that November is linked to bad weather and short days; Xmas is linked to snow and warm clothes... and there is nothing I can do to change that. However, I go outside for a run and it is hot outside, and in the TV commercials kids are opening gifts while wearing flip-flops....
Is winter coming?? Yes, but in the northern hemisphere, not in the south!!! ;) So remember, if you don't like bad weather, or snowy Xmas... Come to the Southern hemisphere 6 months a year, and do the opposite when the time comes... and you will live in a constant good weather year ;)
See you!! bye bye bye bye bye ...
No comments:
Post a Comment