Last week we were in a "writing retreat"... one week on the Australian coast (Batemans Bay, in the south east coast of Australia) writing articles and improving our writing skills (something really important for a non-native speaker of English as myself). It was an intense week with a lot of work (9 to 10 hours every day) and also a lot of fun! I would like to thank Lisa and everyone in her group for such an amazing week! We had everything you can ask, good company, good friends, great fish and chips, Australian barbecue, coast, good weather, also some rain... EVERYTHING!! ;)
But I would like to focus on and show some pictures from (thank I-Ting for the great pictures I am going to show here) our trip to Narooma (thank Fuyan for the perfect organization). The main objective of the first part of the trip was to watch the whales in the region between Narooma and the Montague Island. It was hard at the beginning, but really impressive afterwards when we were able to see them approach the surface to breathe and the ''fountain'' of water and air and the sounds that we are so used to on documentaries but that is really breathtaking when you can see them with your own eyes.
| Three astonishing images from our whale watching experience |
| Some seals at Montague Island |
We were waiting for them, it is something unpredictable, there could be hundreds of them or none. We were waiting, almost running out of patience, but in the end... they arrived! A wave arrived to the coast and suddenly a bunch of Little Penguins (they arrived in groups of 5 to 15) appeared in front of us, very little and cute penguins (no more than 40 cm.). And it seemed like if they knew how many of them there should be, because they waited until another few of them arrived to start their fast (believe me, they are really agile) way up to the hills. I was quite funny watch them arrive, jump over rocks, and their way up to the hills in groups.... so cute!! ;). Here you have a link with some more information about Little Penguins in the Montague Island.
| Little Penguins!!! So cute!! |
PS: Of course, thanks I-Ting again for the great pictures!!! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment